Hadley feels fortunate that our two company locations – Grandville, MI and Moordrecht, Netherlands – are great places to live as well as to work. We make it a priority to lift up our heads from our busy work lives and notice that there are things we can do to improve the quality of living for those around us.
We are successful with our customers because we invest in relationships, take a long view, and do whatever needs to be done to help them achieve success. So it’s not a surprise that we do the same thing in our community.
For many years we have been proud sponsors of programs that are meaningful to our employees and to our neighbors. In 2012 we are continuing our long-standing sponsorship of the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, the Grandville Public Schools Transitions program, and the Grand Valley State University dance team, We work with local charities, non-profit agencies, as well as shelters, community service, and youth organizations to help the people of our community in need.
Families around Grandville, MI know Hadley for our annual tradition of providing Christmas dinners and gift certificates to help families in need. Delivering joy to these families is one of the most gratifying experiences many of our teammates have ever had. We were humbled to receive recognition from the Town of Grandville as Business of the Year for 2009.
These may seem like little things to some, but they make a big difference in the lives of the people around us.
Hadley principal Jim Humphrey (front row, right) and members of the Hadley team proudly accept our recognition as Business of the Year from the Grandville Chamber of Commerce.
Students in the Grandville Public Schools Transitions program meet Bob Dubsky, President of Hadley (right) and Serge Barlas, COO (left) to learn about our business.
We are a long-time sponsor of Camp Discovery, a program run by the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan. We are inspired and motivated by their mission on "empowering people with epilepsy to lead productive lives."
Michigan’s manufacturing sector accounts for over 16% of the total output in the state and employs 12.3% of the workforce. We believe it is important to emphasize the state’s impact on our Nation’s economic growth and support Michigan’s manufacturing base. We’re proud to Manufacture in Michigan.
Hadley employees are naturally engaged in sustainable practices, and are the source of some of our best ideas for energy conservation.For example, one of our engineers created a system for directing heat from our plant to provide warmth to our office.Another engineer was developing new Hadley products with sound-deadening material, and developed a plan to build a dedicated room around our air compressors, which reduced noise pollution in our plant and made working conditions more pleasant for everyone.
Our Environmental Policy is to demonstrate stewardship to the community and the world through the following actions:
- Supporting the efficient use of natural resources
- Ensuring the safe treatment and disposal of waste
- Promisng accurate and timely communications to employees, suppliers, other interested parties, and government agencies about environmental risks and any crisis situation that occurs associated with these risks
- Using an outside environmental specialist to ensure compliance with government agencies.
In keeping with our ISO 14001 certification, we have established the following targets for sustainable operations:
- 5% reduction in electrical consumption (measured in kilowatt hours/hour worked)
- 25% reduction in waste disposed in landfill facilities by end of 2012
- Maintain our DNRE status of a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator by continuous eliminating the need for any hazardous waste disposal
Hadley Environmental Policy
We are committed to environmental stewardship on behalf of our company, employees,
customers and community.
Landfill Usage and Reduction in the use of Natural Resources
- Project 1: Alstom Packaging vs Trucking study, Q2 2017
- Project 2: Change out lighting to LED’s, Q2 2016
- Project 3: Returnable dunnage for Shuttle products, Q2 2018
- Project 4: Expand returnable Tote program with suppliers, 2017-18
Hadley has determined our Significant Environmental Aspects as:
- Hadley supports the efficient use of natural resources.
- Hadley will ensure the safe treatment and disposal of waste.
- Hadley promises accurate and timely communications to employees, customers, suppliers, other interested parties, and government agencies about environmental risks and any crisis that occurs associated with these risks.
- Hadley will use an outside environmental specialist to ensure compliance with government agencies.
Hadley will annually review and update the EMS Aspects, Objectives and Targets and
communicate them to all employees.
Hadley offers a range of interior systems – from complete, window to window configurations that are modular in length and upgradable; to lighting and luggage systems. Our solutions are designed to satisfy every request from the end users and from the OEM flexible designs adaptable to all types of vehicles.